Saturday 30 December 2017

Book Review: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time tells the story of Christopher Boone who has a mindful of information like every prime number up to 7,057. He relates well to animals but has no understanding of human emotions.

One night Christopher discovers that his next door neighbour’s dog is impaled on a garden fork and he is initially blamed for the killing. But he is innocent and decides to investigate the incident to see who the culprit is, and while carrying out his investigation he discovers a lot more than he bargained for. It is interesting to see how Christopher deal with everything he discovers –and through this, we see how his mind works and how he deals with problems and relationships.

I first read this book when it came out a few years ago and there was loads of hype about it – and I enjoyed it. I thought it was fresh and relevant and the subject of Autism was something I had never seen before in a novel.

This second time of reading was because we were reading it in my book club. On the second time of reading ‘The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time’ it took me longer to read it than it did the first time, I am not sure why because it is a great book with a very interesting storyline and characters. I do recommend it to people who have not read it yet

No comments:

Post a Comment