Monday 1 May 2017

Book Review: The Resurrection by Mark Meynell

Easter has just been and it inspired me to read this wee book on The Resurrection.  In this book, we are given the accounts of the Resurrection from Matthew, Luke, and John – three of the Gospels.

Each account of the resurrection is examined and the individual, distinctive style of each author is discussed and we are shown eye-witness accounts of people’s first encounters with the risen Christ:

  • Mary
  • The Soldiers
  • The Disciples


Through this book we are shown that we can believe each account and have confidence in what is being told and that without Christ, a Christian has no Saviour, no power, no eternal life or no hope without the resurrection – but Jesus being raised from the dead gives us hope and each gospel account shows us the truth.


I found this book really helpful and it opened my eye to facts that I had previously missed while reading Matthew, Mark and John’s account of the resurrection. It helped me this Easter to reflect more on Jesus and what he did for me on the cross and the hope that the resurrection gives me – eternal life with the risen King. 

No comments:

Post a Comment