Monday 8 May 2017

Book Review: I before E except after C: Old School Ways to Remember Stuff by Judy Parkinson

I before E except after C is an important thing to remember when writing essays, reports etc. – but what else do we need to remember and what have we forgotten and would like to? Well, this book can help you as it offers us reminders of mnemonics from our school days e.g. Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain which reminds us of the colours of the rainbow – Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet.

As we get older we all need memory aids so I do recommend reading this – it helped me and also taught me stuff I did not know like ways to remember different Mathematical techniques such as long division which I have always struggled with and Geography nuggets like the great lakes of North America which in case you did not know are: Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie, and Ontario. And to remember this you just need the mnemonic Sally Made Henry East Onions – easy huh! Not sure how that would help me remember but hey I still remember Every Boy Deserves Good Foods which is a mnemonic for EBDGF - the notes of the treble clef in music.


The book is full of interesting information and can be very useful, so get reading if your memory is fading and you need aides to help you remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment