Monday 1 May 2017

Book Review: Counterfeit Gods by Timothy Keller

The Empty Promises of Money, Sex and Power, and the only Hope that Matters

Have you placed your faith in success, true love, and the life you have always wanted – believing they are the key to your happiness? But then realised they don’t and you are left disappointed.

In Timothy Keller’s book, we are shown that these are ‘Counterfeit Gods’ through biblical truths shows us where the truth lies.

This book was very helpful to me to highlight what the idols in my life are and how to overcome them and place my faith in the true God. For example, the perfect job – I believed if I had the perfect job I would be truly happy, but that’s not true as you can find happiness in any job as long as you go in with the right attitude and trust you have been placed in the right place by God.


Counterfeit Gods is easy to read, there are no big theological words or hard to understand ideas. However, it is a book to savour, to take it all in and reflect on what Keller discusses. It is thought provoking and I recommend it to everyone. 

1 comment: