Wednesday 1 September 2021

Literature: June 2021 Books


It is a new year, it's 2021, we are now out of lockdown, but I am still finding time to read.

As I managed 152 books in 2020, I thought would up the ante and go for 155 in 2021. Between January and May, I was able to read 77 books and now June has ended I am up to 94 as I managed to read 17 this month. So now I have another 61 to read before reaching my target.

So what are the 17 books I read in June?

Crime

  • The Russian by James Patterson
  • All Fall Down by M.J Alridge

Fiction

  • The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
  • Music from Another World by Robin Talley
  • The Harpy by Megan Hunter
  • Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig
  • My Sister the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite

Christian

  • Popcultured by Steve Turner
  • Anxious for Nothing by Max Lucado
  • The Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert by Rosario Butterfield
  • Leading a Special Needs Ministry by  Amy Fenton Lee
  • The Inconceivable Truth by Joanne Graham
  • Abortion by Lizzie Ling

Children

  • Paddington at Large by Michael Bond
  • Paddington Marches On by Michael Bond

Biographies

  • Hear Me Out by Sarah Harding

Books to Avoid

I had to read The Harpy by Megan Hunter for my book club and it was one of the worst we have read together and one I think you should definitely avoid. The story was weird and hard to follow, however, the style of writing was good so that is a positive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment