Wednesday 1 September 2021

Literature: July 2021 Books


It is a new year, it's 2021, we are now out of lockdown, but I am still finding time to read.

As I managed 152 books in 2020, I thought would up the ante and go for 155 in 2021. Between January and June, I was able to read 95 books and now July has ended I am up to 104 as I managed to read 10 this month. So now I have another 51 to read before reaching my target.

So what are the 10 books I read in July?

Crime

  • The Dying Detective by Leif GW Perrson
  • Bedlam by LJ Ross
  • Dying Inside by Damien Boyd
  • Marshlight by Joy Ellis

Fiction

  • Everything I’ve Never Told You by Celeste Ng

Christian

  • Chosen by David Barr
  • Arriving Well by Cate Brubeter
  • We Need to Talk About Race by Ben Lindsay

Children

  • Mary Poppins Opens the Door by P.L Travers

Biographies

  • That’s Another Story by Julie Walters

Recommended Books

I really recommend We Need to Talk about Race by Ben Lindsay. The subtitle of this book is Understanding the Black Experience in White Majority Churches. This book offers eye-opening insights into the black religious experiences, challenging the status quo in white-majority churches. The book is filled with examples from real-life stories including Ben’s own story of how they as Black people have felt within white churches. Ben shows us how we can work together as a church to create a truly inclusive community and accept each other the way God accepts us – as his children.  

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment