Saturday 16 March 2019

Literature: February Books

Instead of writing individual reviews for all the books I have read, I am just going to condense them into what I have read each month.

So this is a new year and I have set myself the task on Goodreads to read 120 books this year, so I need to read a lot each month and in February I only managed to read seven  - but then February is a short month so not enough days to read!!!

That means that since January I have now read 21 books so just another 99 to go!!

I love reading across genres, and this month the genres I have read are:

  • Crime
  • Christine
  • Children’s
  • Biography
  • Short Story
  • Thriller

So the seven books I read in February are:

  1. Honest Evangelism by Rico Tice
  2. No Way Out by Joel Goldman
  3. The Dead Man by Joel Goldman
  4. Christmas Comes to Moominland by Alex Haridi
  5. Choir by Gareth Malone
  6. Before the Fall by Noah Hawley
  7. Girl in the Mirror by Cecilia Ahern

So what genre fits what book?  

Under the genre of Crime Fiction, I read the last two in the Jack Davis series by Joel Goldman. However I made a mistake and No Way Out which is the third book in the series first, and then I read the second book The Dead Man. Really these books should be read in order as they do follow on from each other – but it was OK I didn’t get too confused. They are great books and looking forward to see if Joel Goldman writes anymore in the series.

Out of these seven books I struggled with two of them, the first one being Girl in the Mirror by Cecilia Ahern which is a collection of two short stories, which are both quite weird and I did not get into them at all. Glad they were short stories though!


The other one was Before the Fall by Noah Hawley which was confusing because it jumped between people and time lines and took a while to get into. However, in the end it was quite interesting. But not sure I would read anymore of his books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment