Saturday 30 March 2019

Christianity: God's Sovereignty

I have always believed things happen for a reason and I am where I am because God put me there – However, I don’t think I ever realised how much God’s sovereignty affected my everyday life.

God made the world and everything in it (Acts 17 v 2-26) which includes my neighbours, work colleagues, relatives, friends, church, etc. etc. He made them all. He doesn’t need us, but we need Him – He gives all of us every breath that we take and he has marked out how long every person will live and where we will live just like he knew when we would be born and where we would be born.

I live where I live for a reason, I have been where I have been for a reason, I work where I work for a reason, and My Church is my Church for a reason. That reason is that God has put me in those places. He put me in the office I am in for a reason, I work to who I work to for a reason – God made it all happen, and He did it for a reason. We may never know the reason why we are where we are but sometimes it isn’t for us to know – we are just small cogs in this world.

In God’s sovereignty, what is going on in history is that God is reaching out to people so that they will reach out to Him.

One of the reasons why God places us where he places us is so we can reach out to people. God put me in my place of work so that I can bless my colleagues and managers by working hard and working honestly.  – Oh how I fail at this at times, but I am only human. And God can do things through us that we may never know about.

First and foremost I am where I am so others can hear the gospel and see Jesus in me – and oh I know I need to better in that, but with God all things are possible!!!

It is no accident that I know the people I do and what is wonderful for me as someone who was adopted as a child is to know that it is no accident that I was adopted and it is no accident that I was adopted into the family I am in – it is all because God put me there for a reason.

We need to believe that God is in charge of what desk we sit at, who lives in the house beside us etc. We need to understand that God has put people around us because He wants them to hear the gospel. We need to grasp God’s sovereignty.


Also, there is a reason that you are reading this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment