Saturday 30 March 2019

Christianity: Dark Times


In the dark times of our lives, we all can cling to the hope of God as the one stable in life is the unchangeable reality of God in whom we can trust – He is our rock, our fortress, and our strong deliverer.

We can trust and rely on God more than we can in another human being. Friends and family can let us down but God never will. God has been with us from the beginning and will be with us until the end.  Psalm 90 v 2 “Before the mountains were born or brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God”

God will never hurt us and he will never leave us. Family and friends can hurt us and also they can walk away from us – even and especially when we are in times of darkness as sometimes they do not know what to say, they say the wrong things or they just can’t cope being in the darkness with you so they walk away instead of trying to bring you into the light. Are people like that true friends? God will never ever walk away – he comes into the darkness with us and shines a light to help us find our way out.

What we need to remember when people walk away from us – it is not our fault, it says more about their character than it does about ours – they are not reliable or strong – bur God is.

I admit here that I have walked away from people but I usually do it in order to protect myself which is probably very selfish on my part. I sometimes walk away from people before they have the chance to walk away from me as I don’t want to get hurt by them.


I have never walked away from anyone who has been grieving or recently diagnosed with a chronic/terminal illness – I couldn’t do that – OK I may not know what to say to them but I always try to let them know I am here for them and thinking of them – AND I always pray for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment