Saturday 12 December 2015

Faith: Why I love Him?

I know I haven't posted in a while and even this time what I am blogging is not my own work. I have reposted some of Emma Scriveners blog posts before and am doing so again.

Emma's latest post about Why she loves Him, spoke to me and what she wrote was beautiful and true for me as it was for her, and am sure true for others. I have taken her reasons and added my own as well.

Who is this Him she and I love? Jesus - the one man who will never leave us, forsake us, let us down, lie to us, cheat on us - the one man who will love us forever no matter what we do because He has already forgiven us.

So why do I love Him?

He loved me first.
He has forgiven me.
He died on the cross for me.
He’s never too busy.
He always listens to me.
He treated men and women equally in a time when no-one else did.
Everything I love was made by Him.
He always watches over me
He knows all my faults and sees all my mistakes, yet He still loves me.
He invited me into His family.
He will never abandon me or leave me or hurt me.
He knows me inside-out and still, He stays.
He hates injustice and abuse.
He is Lord over all creation – yet He made Himself a tiny dependent baby.
When the soldiers said, “If you’re God’s son, come down from the cross,” He stayed. For me.
He practised what He preached.
There is no-one like Him.
He was exhausted and persecuted yet He still had compassion on the people who crowded around Him.
Everything He has, He shares with us.
He loves His Dad and tells everyone how much.
He sees what we try to keep hidden and He says, “come into the light.”
He gives everything; including Himself.

One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord

and to seek him in his temple. Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment