Wednesday 30 December 2015

Faith: HOPE

A year ago I was in a place of what I felt was no return, I was in a big hole and was struggling to find a way out. However, I wasn't on my own, I had friends around me trying to pull me out, and a four letter word which kept being told to me: HOPE.

Yes I am a Christian but I was struggling at this stage, I felt like God was not with me, but in reflection he was with me but I was trying hard to walk away, but he persevered and kept putting people and things in front of me to help me. And he succeeded, I climbed out of the hole, I have bad days still, but recently more good than bad, and am clinging onto HOPE.

So what is HOPE? In the words of one of  my favourite bloggers Emma Scrivener, this is what HOPE is.

Hope.
Whatever you’re facing; (and even if you’re refusing to face it).
Not a wishy-washy sense that everything will be okay.
Not a feeling or a temperament.
Not a stake in something that can be torn away.
Hope.
Not something you work up by yourself.
Not dependent on those around you.
Not about your house or your health or your happiness.
Hope.
Not for other people.
Not for when you've earned it and ticked off your list.
Not for when the holiday comes or you catch up on sleep.
Not for when you’re better or worse or anywhere but here.
Hope.
This moment.
As you read this.  As you run for your train.  As you make the lunch and drive the car and open the computer and feed the dogs. As you sorrow and as you laugh. Every challenge, every heartbreak, every celebration. Hope.

A fact, not a feeling.
A gift, not a reward.

Hope.
“Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27).
“an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.” (Hebrews 6:19)
“on Him we have set our hope” (2 Corinthians 1:10).
“And hope does not disappoint.” (Romans 5:5)


Whatever you are facing and whatever you may feel. Now. Tomorrow.  And forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment