Tuesday 25 August 2015

Flash Fiction: Spencer's View

I swim around every day in my wee bowl. I swim from side to side, occasionally going up to drink some water and diving down to find food in amongst the stones, of which there never is anyway. 

I swim around every day, looking at the same thing all the time. Nothing ever changes.  I am on my own.  I am lonely.  I miss my buddy.  It used to be him and me every day, happily swimming around together.  We used to play chase games and hide and seek behind out palm tree. 

It used to him and me.  Together. Happy.  But all that changed a few weeks ago.  One morning we were swimming around when Fred just stopped. He wouldn’t move, I prodded him, head-butted him, everything but he would not move.  I thought he was just playing sleeping fishes but then I realised he had died.  I was so sad.  I was alone.  My buddy had died.


Now I have no one to play chase with.  No one to hang with.  I am all alone.  I am sad. 

#prompt: Write a scene from the point of view of a beloved pet

No comments:

Post a Comment