Wednesday 27 November 2019

Literature: October Books



Instead of writing individual reviews for all the books I have read, I am just going to condense them into what I have read each month.

At the beginning of 2019, I set myself the task on Goodreads to read 120 books this year, which means I need to read about 2 a week. Between January and September, I managed to read 115 books.  And in October I managed to read 8, which now brings me up to 123 which means I have hit my target of 120! Which is fantastic – wonder how many more I will read in the last two months of the year.

In July I listed the books my genre as I had read so man books, and have decided to do the same again.

Autobiography
Open Door by Maud Kells

Science Fiction
Emergency Skin by N.K Jemison

Crime / Thriller
Penshaw by L.J Ross
The Devil’s Work by Mark Edwards
Borderlands by L.J Ross
A Lovely Way to Burn by Louise Welsh

Children
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robyn Talley

Fiction
At the Wedding by Matt Dunn

My favourite book this month was Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robyn Talley – this is a book about racism in The 1950s which focuses on two girls –the first one is a black girl who is part of a group of 8 who start to attend an all-white school and the second girl is one of those pupils in the all-white school who opposes the ‘negroes’ coming into their space. This book talks of hardship, friendship and the crossing of lines. It is a very well written brave book and one which I would recommend to others to read – both adults and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment