Saturday 4 February 2017

Poetry: Not for Nothing

During the past week the below poem came into my email box from A New Name and on reading it, I knew I had to share it on my blog so here is the beautiful poem:

I want you to know
that I see you.
Not just the bright smile you share with strangers.
Not just the bent shoulders, picking up toys.
Not just the coper, who gets it all done.
Not just the shiny bits; the triumphs and successes.
Not just the qualifications or the clipboard or desk.
I see when you stumble
I see when you sleep
I see when you fall and I see when you weep.
I see it all.  And I see all of you.  And I want you to know
that it matters. You matter.
I see.
Every time you wipe a nose
Or wash another plate.
Every email
every phone-call
every prayer.
I hear.  Every time you love
I catch your words, your works, your heart.
Keep going. I am carrying you.  I am proud of you.
I rejoice over you.  And I’ll never let you fall.

Poem Borrowed From Emma Scrivener

No comments:

Post a Comment