Wednesday 21 October 2015

Life: The Dating Game

Ok so I am going to be honest in this blog post – I am 33 and am single.  All my friends are married and even though I do love them to bits, it can be hard at times to be a singleton, but other times I am ok with it and love being able to do what I want when I want.

I haven’t been out with anyone since November 2011. However in 2013 I was proposed to by a friend in Peru, but due to cultural and language differences I said no.  So have had my chances, but they were wrong chances!

There are no single men in my church, well around my age anyway.  This is a lot because many Christian men don’t evangelise to other Christian men and bring them to events which is why there is a higher ratio of single women in churches than there are single men. 

I decided that I would like to try the dating game again so went online to see what was available.  Unfortunately there are a lot of men out there who just want one thing – and that is not for me.  However, I have chatted to a few nice guys and actually arranged to meet a few.

1)      The first guy I met was nice but I decided it just wouldn’t work between us.  I know beggars cannot be choosers but I am not so desperate to say begin a relationship with the first person who shows and interest in me. Don’t want to be in a relationship for the wrong reasons
2)      The second I thought I might meet was very full on and in your face, always wanting to be in touch and pressing me to meet him all the time,  but I decided to stop him in his stride and not meet him.
3)      Guy number three was the same as number two – very full on.
4)      Guy number four got annoyed at me when I had to rearrange the meet and told me I had missed my chance. Ah well, obviously not the guy for me!
5)      I had arranged to meet guy number five after work one day, but he never turned up.  Going on dates is hard enough without the embarrassment of being stood up. Ah well seems he missed his chance!
6)      Guy number six seemed nice but trying to arrange a date with him was very difficult as he was never free or I was never free. Finally I said how about this Saturday, as was going to rearrange something, but he said he was not free any Saturday ever!! So I said what about another day, after work to which he replied he was not free for the rest of the year! A bit immature really!
7)      Guy number seven kept me waiting for 25 minutes, but despite this I still liked him and thought there may be a possibility with this one. He bought me lunch then after an hour of chatting he got up rather abruptly and said “I am going now” and with that he left.  I had no idea what I had done so texted him and said I was hurt and he said “I am sorry you feel that way. See you around” Still don’t know what I did or what to think except he was very rude.
8)      I met guy number 8 and we went to an ice cream shop for our date. He seemed a nice fellow but we didn’t really have much in common
9)      So after that I decided to not meet guy number 9 and take a break as its exhausting all this dating!

Being single is hard, but being single in Northern Ireland is harder and being a single Christian girl in Northern Ireland is even harder as like I said before, there are no young single Christian men in churches – come on guys get out there an evangelise, don’t leave it to us girls to flirt to convert because it doesn’t work!

I am not sure whether to give up or plough on.  I don’t feel God wants me to be single but I need a strong man who respects me and shares my faith, not a man who will break my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment