Wednesday 21 October 2015

Life: Relationships are hard

I was listening to my ipod a couple of days ago while getting ready to go out.  A song came on which I didn’t recognise or the band who was singing it (got so many sometimes it’s hard to keep track!) but the lyrics stood out to me, especially the chorus

“You used to be all that I had
Now you are just not what I need
I’ve got to get over your and I know
Then I can get back to me”

Those words made me think of relationships but more in particular relationship breakdowns.  You spend time with people – friends, partners, family etc. – people you make relationships with and sometimes these people can feel like they are all you need to do life with.  But then you realise they are not for you, they are not what you need and probably you aren’t what they need either.  They are bad for you and there is more hurt in the relationship than love.  So you break the relationship off if you can, sometimes it is hard to do this, and now you can breathe.

However, you are still hurt by what has happened within the relationship and things that were said but you know it will take time to recover and get over them, but then you start to get back on your own feet and realise it is time to live life for you and be who you want to be.

Relationships are good but they do take work. Sometimes in relationships what you need can fall by the wayside as you spend so much time thinking of the other and they take but do not give.  This can be dangerous for both people.


So, it is important to remember to take time for yourself – remember you are important, and you are no use to anyone else when you are worn out and low.  

No comments:

Post a Comment