Friday 8 May 2020

Literature: April Books


Instead of writing individual reviews for all the books I have read, I am just going to condense them into what I have read each month.

In January I set myself the target of reading 60 books which I said I would review within the first couple of months with the view of raising the target depending on how I was getting on with reading, as sometimes I can go through phases where I just can’t concentrate on reading. However, in March I upped this target to 100 as between January and March I had already read 40.

And in the month of April, I managed to read another 20 bringing my total read books up to 60, so it is a good job I upped my target for the year since I had already met my original target within 4 months!

So what have I read in April? Here goes:

Christian
Facing Cancer by Adrian Adger
God’s Discipline by Tim Chester
Rediscovering Joy by Tim Chester
Where is God in a Coronavirus world by John Lennox     
The Ascension: Humanity in the Presence of God by Tim Chester
Crown of Thrones by Tim Chester
The Five Marks of Mission by Chris Wright
Ordinary Hero by Tim Chester
Psalms for You by Christopher Ash

Children’s
The Hunting of the Snark by Lewis Carroll
Itch by Simon Mayo

Fiction
Everything I know about Love by Dolly Alderton
The Second Worse Restaurant in France by Alexander McCall Smith

Non-Fiction
Seven Signs of Life by Aoife Abbey
Bookwork by Lucy Managan
The Prison Doctor by Amanda Brown

Crime
In the Shadow of the Power by Viveca Sten
Ravenhill by John Steele
Death’s Door by Paul Finch

Young Adult
One of us is Lying by Karen McManus

The most popular genre this month seems to have been Christian Books with Tim Chester being the main guy after having read five of his books. Tim Chester is a great writer and gets into the heart of the subject he is writing about.

In the summer I bought his book Ordinary Hero before I realised that I had actually read it in 2012. I had no memory of reading which doesn’t say much for my memory. However, I am glad I bought it again and re-read it as it is a great book which points to the cross and resurrection of Jesus and shows how they provide the pattern for discipleship today calling Christians to a radical new way of living,

No comments:

Post a Comment