Wednesday 3 February 2016

Life: Bucket List Revisited

In 2014 after I was diagnosed with MS, I decided to write a bucket list of all the things I wanted to achieve in case this illness stops me from doing them in the future.  Now a two years on I decided to revisit that bucket list and see what I have achieved.

I am ashamed to say that I have only achieved one thing and that was to have a fish called Fred. I did and four weeks after I got him, he died!!

However, this month I am due to achieve another one - to visit Prague, which I am really looking forward to.

Think might have to either do some serious travelling or get a new bucket list especially since apparently I cannot fulfil one of them.  I wanted to watch the Mighty Ducks Hockey team play but apparently there are no longer in action!!

Here is my bucket list:

  1. Visit New Zealand
  2. Watch Ireland play Rugby
  3. Write a book
  4. Get book published
  5. Jump out of a plane
  6. Find a cure for MS
  7. Swim with Dolphins
  8. Go fishing
  9. Learn to weld
  10. Run a Marathon
  11. Visit Brazil
  12. See the Iquazu Falls  in Argentina
  13. Climb Slemish
  14. Hold a Toucan
  15. Go to Wimbledon
  16. Meet Bono
  17. Stand underneath a waterfall
  18. Learn to dance
  19. Learn Pottery
  20. Do a somersault in the air
  21. Learn Makaton
  22. Achieve my ideal weight
  23. Fly first class
  24. Go whale watching
  25. Jet Ski
  26. Gallop a horse along a beach
  27. Drink Champagne and Eat Strawberries in bed
  28. Go Surfing
  29. Get Married
  30. Go Paint-balling
  31. Milk a cow
  32. Visit Auschwitz
  33. Go to Israel
  34. Swim in the dead sea
  35. Own a Border Collie dog
  36. See the Northern Lights 



Fulfilled:
Own a fish called Fred

About to fulfil:
Visit Prague

Unable to fulfil:
Watch Mighty Ducks play hockey

Ongoing fulfilment:
Helping others the way they helped me

1 comment: