Monday 30 June 2014

The Neurologist...

Monday 23rd December - second day in hospital. After breakfast, medication and my obs been taken, another doctor comes to see me. He says what I have is not a migraine but they are not sure what it is but cannot rule out a brain tumour. He said a neurologist would be along to see me sometime during the morning.

A neurologist...I wondered if he would look anything like Dr Derek 'McDreamy' Shepherd from Grey's Anatomy. Why is all doctors on TV are handsome (calling ER's Dr Ross aka George Clooney) but in reality it is not true!!

Dr Doug Ross (Paeds)

Dr Derek Shepherd (Neurologist) 














After the doctor left, I lay on bed listening to music awaiting the neurologist and along he came, nothing like Dr Shepherd but still a lovely man. He made me tell him what was wrong with me, hit my knees and legs with some hammer thing to test my reflexes, ran a sharp pin up and down my legs and feet to test the sensation (the sensation in my left side was hardly there compared to my right side). He also made me stand and walk to test my balance.... could not walk without having someone or something to lean on in case I fell as was so dizzy and balance was bad due to eyes not working together.

I asked him what he thought was wrong with me and he said he was not sure, he needed me to have an MRI before he could confirm anything. And I was to have the MRI later that day or Tuesday.  I asked him if he thought it was a brain tumour and he said he was not sure... he was not giving anything away, very cautious.


No comments:

Post a Comment